Life has been very full; Caitlyn is growing...smiling...cooing...Hannah is becoming more and more autonomous; she is embracing her second year of life with full force which has been a challenge for Meghan and I.
Meghan is learning to do the dance with two kids during the day while I'm at SMC; she's also working every other weekend at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley in Children's Ministries.
Below are a couple of notes on Caitlyn and Hannah:
Caitlyn-
Loves Baby Einstein- especially the one that shows lots of wild animals. She holds her head up when we put her on her stomach and she also likes to roll over...both ways. She enjoys smiling and cooing. She likes taking baths. Caitlyn spends most of her time eating and sleeping.
Hannah-
Loves to say good morning to Caitlyn as soon as she wakes up in the morning. She likes to go to the park, the zoo. She really likes to read books; loves the movie Nemo and is a fan of Veggie Tales. She does not like to take naps so much anymore.
The four of us were at the dinner table the other night and we were eating artichokes; Hannah really LOVES artichoke hearts. She asks, "Dad, may I please have your heart?" I reply, "You already have my heart, Hannah." She looks down at her plate, perplexed. Meghan and I laugh out loud. "Can I have your other heart?" she asks. I laugh again and then I give it to her. She delights in devouring the artichoke heart.
Another night, Hannah's pacifier (aka: binky) was nowhere to be found. "Your binky went to heaven to be with Jesus," I say.
"OK," she says.
Phew, I think...we've prepared her for this moment.
I close the door after saying goodnight. The tears begin to flow from Hannah.
Dang, I think.
I go out to Meghan; she's found the binky. I go back to Hannah's room and enter the room, "Jesus sent your binky back...here it is...goodnight."
I close the door....sweet silence.
Sooner than later the binky really will go to heaven.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment